In 2004, FANRPAN implemented the following projects:
- The Impact of HIV/AIDS on Agriculture and Food Security in the SADC, funded by the European Union.
- Rural Livelihoods Project in Southern Africa-Policy Module, funded by USAID/RCSA through IITA.
- Strengthening Policy Analysis and Representation Capacity of Farmer-Based Organisations in the SADC Region, funded by the Centre for Technical Cooperation.
- Addressing Agricultural Biotechnology Policy Issues to Improve Food Security in the SADC, funded by the US Grains Council;
- Maize Marketing Study in Collaboration with Michigan State University; funded by the Rockefeller Foundation.
- Contract Farming as a Mechanism for the Commercialisation of Smallholder Agriculture in the SADC Region, funded by the French Government; and
- The Centre for Technical Cooperation (CTA) project supporting publications and regional annual policy dialogue.