Welcome to this edition of the FANRPAN Quarterly Newsletter.
Allow me to further take this opportunity to inform you that FANRPAN’s strategy is due for renewal and plans are underway to carry out this exercise.
As a leading Network in food and nutrition security, we are committed to making our journey very transformative. In order to succeed, we as a Network need to grow. It is through our combined effort that we will make agriculture transformative.
Over the past decade FANRPAN has made some strides to enhance agricultural development across Africa. However, we cannot escape the reality that the continent continues to face serious challenges of hunger, malnutrition and rural poverty. This reality has further energized FANRPAN to be in the forefront in championing its vision of a food and nutrition secure Africa free from hunger and poverty.
The African Union’s Agenda 2063 lies at the heart of the vision for a future integrated Africa that is prosperous and at peace with itself. Agenda 2063 is a fifty year framework that sets Africa on the path to achieving integration, prosperity and peace.
Agenda 2063 is premised on the following seen aspirations:
- A prosperous Africa based on inclusive growth and sustainable development;
- an integrated continent, politically united, and based on the ideals of Pan Africanism;
- an Africa of good governance, democracy, respect for human rights, justice and the rule of law;
- a peaceful and secure Africa;
- an Africa with a strong cultural identity, values and ethics;
- an Africa where development is people-driven, relying particularly on the potential of women and youth; and
- Africa as a strong and influential global player and partner.
Achieving this goal is both necessary and possible. It requires us to continue working in partnership and as a collective
hope you enjoy this edition, and I encourage you to send in your story ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can continue to make “The FANRPAN Quarterly” a platform to share experiences and new ideas.
Lindiwe Majele Sibanda (PhD)
Chief Executive Officer & Head of Mission