- Good nutrition is important at all stages of life.
- Our bodies need enough food to give us energy, enable us to grow, learn, work
and stay healthy.
- Health and nutrition are closely linked – a person must be well nourished to be
healthy, while poor health can a ect nutritional status
- A poorly nourished woman, when she becomes pregnant, is likely to give birth
to an underweight/malformed child who will have a poor start in life and likely
to have an underweight child herself.
- The foetus and children under the age of two have high nutrient needs
because their bodies are growing and changing quickly, even before birth.