Faculty of Agriculture, University of Mauritius
Training human resources and fostering intellectual development and research in the agricultural and Food sectors
- Initiate, expand, diversify and upgrade training and research in priority areas of agriculture and food science so as to respond to the career aspirations of potential students and the requirements of the job market
- Carry out research and outreach in the exploration and modernisation of agriculture and agriculture-related markets.
- Enhance links with industries and overseas institutions for teaching, research, consultancy and outreach activities.
- Provide postgraduate training and research programmes for the professional development of graduates.
- Provide in-service training to staff of institutions in the agricultural and agro-industrial sectors.
- Develop and offer specialised short training programmes in line with the evolution in agricultural and food sectors
- Parastatal bodies
- Farmer Organisations
- University and Research Institutions
- Private Sector
FANRPAN Node Steering Committee
|Agricultural Marketing Board||Mr R Sookun alt. Mr J Mamodebaccus|
|Agricultural Research and Extension Unit of Food and Agricultural research council||Mr S Bisnauthsing alt. Mr R Rajcumar|
|Farmers Service Cooperation||Mr T Gunesh alt. Mr L Jeeha|
|Irrigation Authority||Mr C Hookoom alt. Mr KCS Kong Thoo Lin/td>|
|Mauritius Sugar Industry Research Institute||Mr J Tonta|
|Agricultural Policy and Analysis Unit Ministry of Agriculture, FT & NR||Mr K Chikhuri alt. Mr S Gopee|
|Mauritius Chamber of Agriculture||Mr Jocelyn Kwok Yin Siong Yen|
|Faculty of Agriculture, University of Mauritius, Node Coordinator||B Rajkomar|
|The Mauritius Co-operative Agricultural Federation Ltd||I Rajcoomarsing alt. Mr C Khelawon|
Mauritius Ministry of Agro Industry, Food Production and Security
|Minister||Hon. Satya Veyash Faugoo|
|Telephone number||(+230) 212 0854
(+230) 212 2940
|Fax number||(+230) 212 4427|
FANRPAN node established: