|"The SDGs and Me": new online resource from Farming First out now
|23 September 2015 - 23 September 2015
To celebrate the adoption of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) later this week, we have created multimedia stories from ten farmers all over the world to ask how they want to see the Sustainable Development Goals move from ideas to action.
Explore "The SDGs and Me" here: www.farmingfirst.org/sdgs-and-me
Farmers from Bangladesh to Benin have each told us how they want to embrace the SDGs in their own actions, and have given us three calls-to-action for governments, NGOs and businesses that are working on Sustainable Development Goal-led initiatives.
"I hope government will consider giving agricultural loans to us farmers at low interest rates in order to end poverty." Halima from Uganda
"I hope the government and private sector will invest in research and development of better inputs, for increased productivity that will eventually end hunger." Michael from Kenya
Read their stories, view pictures of their farms and get to know about the projects that are helping them prosper. Find out how their stories and calls-to-action could go beyond the goals to end hunger and poverty, and also made strides on tackling climate change, empowering women and promoting sustainable consumption.
We would like to thank the following Farming First supporter organisations that were selected to be part of this exciting project:
- International Fertilizer Development Center (@IFDCnews)
- Chemonics (@Chemonics)
- Shamba Shape Up (@shambashapeup)
- Fintrac (@Fintrac)
- One Acre Fund (@oneacrefund)
- Technoserve (@Technoserve)
- CNFA (@CNFA)
- American Farm Bureau
- Self Help Africa (@selfhelpafrica)
- Young Professionals in Agricultural Development (@YPARD)
Here are four easy ways that you can get involved:
Write a blog post (or let us write one for your blog)
- You can adapt the press release (attached) into a blog post and/or use some of the visuals from "SDGs and Me" to focus on a particular call-to-action that is important to your organisation. If you would rather have Farming First write a blog post instead for your blog, just let us know by emailing email@example.com
Promote the stories via Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn/Pinterest
- Please use some of the sample Tweets and Facebook/LinkedIn posts (below) to promote “SDGs and Me” from the account(s) you manage. Or simply post it on your Pinterest account.
Include the stories in your next e-newsletter
- If your organisation sends out e-newsletters to your mailing lists, you could include a link to “SDGs and Me” and outline how your organisation will work on delivering on the Sustainable Development Goals.
Link to "SDGS and Me" from your website
- You can use one of the photograph as a button on your website and hyperlink the visual back to the “SDGs and Me” page on the Farming First website.
We hope you will be able to support us in sharing these stories that give a voice to farmers all over the world in the SDG process.
The Farming First Steering Committee