|RUFORUM News, Announcements and Opportunities, August 2015
|25 August 2015
NEWS AND EVENTS
Transforming our world: the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development (United Nations). The final version of the Sustainable Development Goals to be achieved by 2030.
Grants and Awards:
- (New) Carnegie Cooperation of New York Higher Education and Research in Africa (HERA) Programme support for scholars, academic institutions, and continental networks. Open call
- Call for Collaborating Technical Agencies to oversee and deliver capacity-strengthening activities for science granting councils in Sub-Saharan Africa. Deadline: 31 August, 2015
- (New) Marie Sklodowska-Curie co-funding for new or existing doctoral or fellowship programmes run at regional, national, or international level. Deadline: 1 October, 2015
- Call for proposals: Higher Education Africa Centers of Excellence for Eastern and Southern Africa Phase II (ACE II). Deadline: 2 October, 2015.
- (New) Innovation Prize for Africa (IPA) 2016. Open to African academics, entrepreneurs and inventors. Deadline: 31 October, 2015.
- European Research Council awards for starting grants 2016. Open to all researchers with 2 to 7 years' post-doctoral experience. Deadline: 17 November, 2015
- RU/2015/DRG/02: Doctoral Regional Research Scholarships for finalization of PhD research and dissemination of findings. Deadline: 30 September, 2015
- RU/2015/DFS/01: Doctoral Finalization Support Scholarships for doctoral students registered in RUFORUM Regional Programmes. Deadline: 30 September, 2015
- RU/2015/DFS/INTRA ACP/01: Intra ACP Academic Mobility Doctoral Research Scholarships for finalization of PhD research and dissemination of findings. Deadline: 30 September, 2015
- RU/2015/GTA/DRG/01: Doctoral Regional Research Scholarships for RUFORUM Graduate Teaching Assistants at member universities. Deadline: 30 September, 2015
- ANAFE training workshop for educators and researchers on "Effective communication with users of knowledge". 13-16 October 2015, Nairobi. Application deadline: 28 August, 2015
- (New) Chinese Academy of Sciences international fellowships for distinguished scientists, postdoctoral researchers and international PhD students. Deadline: 1 September each year.
- (New) Masters Research Grants - Fish Trade Program in Africa. Deadline: 4 September, 2015
- (New) European Commission Marie Sklodowska-Curie Individual Fellowships 2015. Deadline: 10 September, 2015.
- (New) Call for Applications: Visiting Scholars at the United Nations University Institute for Natural Resources in Africa. Deadline: 15 September, 2015.
- (New) IDEX Global Fellowships 2016 for building capacity of young professionals for social enterprise in various areas including agriculture. Deadline: 15 September, 2015.
- (New) Government of Czech Republic - Scholarships for university applicants from developing countries. Deadline: 30 September each year.
- Graduate Research Grant: U.S. Borlaug Fellows in Global Food Security. Deadline: 9 November, 2015
- Opening of application window - Earth University. Deadline for applicants from Africa: 30 November, 2015.
- RUFORUM Field Attachment Program Award (FAPA) for MSc students. Proposals will be accepted throughout 2015
- PhD training opportunities under the RUFORUM Graduate Teaching Assistantship Program. Deadline: Open
Call for papers:
Call for Manuscripts: African Journal for Rural Development
Training science leaders for Africa - Featuring Msekiwa Matsimbe, from Malawi