7 November 2017 to 9 November 2017
The aims of the symposium will be:
- To provide research institutions, universities, NGOs, government agencies and enterprises from across Africa with an opportunity to display and present their works in thefield of climate change adaptation, with a focus on droughts;
- To foster the exchange of information, ideas and experiences acquired in the execution of Climate change adaptation projects, especially successful initiatives and good practice across the region, showing how droughts can be better managed;
- To discuss solution that can enhance deployment of available climate solutions on a large scale in developing and how to build capacity of local innovation ecosystem to adapt these solutions.
- To discuss methodological approaches and experiences deriving from case studies and projects, which aim to show how initiatives to handle droughts may be implemented in practice;
- To network the participants and provide a platform so they can explore possibilities for cooperation.
For more information: https://www.haw-hamburg.de/en/ftz-nk/events/drought2017.html