|Request for Expression of Interest for Consultancy to Undertake Staff Salary Benchmarking and Develop a Job Grading Structure for FANRPAN
|1 September 2016
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR CONSULTANCY TO UNDERTAKE STAFF SALARY BENCHMARKING AND DEVELOP A JOB GRADING STRUCTURE FOR FANRPAN
FANRPAN is a regional multi-stakeholder policy research and advocacy network. The network currently operates in 17 member countries in Africa through an inter-sectoral platform called a "Node", comprising of a diverse group of organizations, including research institutes, farmer groups, government, media, parliamentarians, private sector and other civil society organizations that have a stake in FANR policies.
The Strengthening Policy Advocacy and Research Capacity for Enhanced Food Security in East and Southern Africa (SPARC) project has received a grant from the African Capacity Building Foundation (the ACBF) and intends to apply a portion of the proceeds of this grant to eligible payments under the contract for Consultancy Services to Undertake Salary Benchmarking and Develop a Job Grading Structure for FANRPAN.
SCOPE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The services included under this contract are:
- Undertake a salary survey and benchmarking for FANRPAN which will include the following:
- Grade all positions; and
- Present Job Evaluation Matrix to selected management and discuss and implement any changes that may be required.
- Benchmark FANRPAN salaries and benefits for "staff appointed in country" and internationally recruited employees.
- Develop and provide a pay scale notch descriptor to assist with people equity.
- Develop reports on findings and proposals which will include research and proposals for managing exchange rate fluctuations.
- Define Career Bands and finalise job descriptions.
- Draft Remuneration Policies and Procedures for FANRPAN together with supporting appendices and forms.
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
FANRPAN now invites eligible Consulting Firms to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested consulting firms must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience with similar organizations in similar environments and conditions, evidence and familiarity with international organisations, Managerial and Technical capability among the firms principals Availability of appropriate qualifications and experience amongst staff).
Interested firms may obtain further information at the address below during office hours. Expression of Interest must be delivered to the address below clearly marked "Expression of Interest for Consultancy to undertake salary benchmarking and develop a job grading structure for FANRPAN" on or before 1700 hours CET on 4 October 2016.